< Back

Part P

The new building regulation Part P, effective since 1st January 2005, requires most electrical work in the home to be carried out by a government-approved electrician, such as one registered with the NICEIC. Its aim is to stop the rising number of deaths from faulty electrics, much of which is undertaken by over ambitious DIY enthusiasts and cowboy electricians. The NIC Domestic Installer Scheme is your assurance all is in order. We can carry out any electrical installation within a domestic property and as such fully comply with the Part P requirements.

Under the new law, homeowners are still able to replace accessories such as light switches and sockets to an existing circuit, although there are exceptions for locations such as kitchens and bathrooms. An electrician registered under a government-approved scheme must undertake all other work. The alternative, for DIY'ers, is to notify a local building control body before starting any work and pay the appropriate fee for an inspection and a certificate after work is completed. So why pay more?


Copyright 2012 MYG Servicing LTD. All Rights Reserved. Designed & developed by Broadland Digital